Friday, March 14, 2008

The day has arrived!

Well, folks, it is about 4:30AM or so and I am finally (almost) done packing. Nothing like a little procrastination to get the juices flowing. I'm anticipating this to be one of the most exciting/awful days of my life. On the one hand, I can't wait to finally get going to PNG, where I hope to learn and do so much. But on the other hand, there is the whole 20 hours of flying with a two year old. I know what most of you are thinking, and no, I don't plan on spiking his sippy cup with GHB, alcohol, narcotics, or any other potentially harmful substance. A little Benadryl, however, never hurt anyone, especially when they are "fighting some allergies." Hey, whatever helps me sleep better at night.

In all seriousness though, it really will be a challenging day and a half. Then as soon as we arrive, we will deposit our belongings in our rooms, go to a missionary's house for Sunday lunch (they're a day ahead), and get a tour of the hospital. Jet-lag be darned, because evidently I'm starting in the hospital the next morning whether I feel like it or not!

Wish us luck and send up a prayer for the three of us if you think about it, because I we're sure going to need it! Hopefully there will be some adventures to report soon and some cool pictures to follow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(Insert Indiana Jones theme music)