
This is a picture of my big brother Joe and I, happily awaiting the start of our first half marathon this past weekend. For some reason, I thought it would be a good idea, and pitched it to Joe several months ago. He agreed, and came up to Omaha from Kansas City where he lives for what turned out to be a pretty full weekend for him. You can read his post about it
here. As for the training part of it... well, as I told my buddies at work, I basically sat down my bag of Cheetos, got off my easy chair, and ran 13 freaking miles. Joe did much the same, lending credence to the "Kumor boys are a little slow in the head" rumor. Apparently shelling out the registration fee was too strong a motivator to not show up but not strong enough to make me adequately prepare. Here's a picture of us crossing the finish line in just under 2 hours, which I was pretty darn pleased with. Joe, of course, could have run much faster, but he was a good sport to stick it out with me to the end.

1 comment:
It turns out my foot isn't broken, it was just a deep bruise or something. Training is overrated, anyway. Yeah!
Post a Comment