Thursday, February 5, 2009

A month in (relative) paradise

Who knew that working a 40 hour week would ever be considered paradise? The fact is, though, that I am absolutely loving weekends off and no overnight calls! It's all relative baby! So, here I sit at midnight, not able to fall asleep simply because I've been "sleeping in" until 7am this week. FREAKING AWESOME

I've been able to spend a lot more time with Stephanie and the kids, which has been great. I feel like I'm finally getting to know Thane, who smiles at me when he sees me now (though the really big smiles are still reserved his mom. who can blame him?) I've also caught up on some serious train and Candy Land time with Caleb. Stephanie and I have even found some time for a little Mario Kart Wii! Life is good in the Kumor house.

By the way...
Was I the only one who didn't know Obama is a smoker? How's that for someone looking to transform our health care system into a more "preventative model." This came up in clinic today and everyone looked at me like I was a moron when I said I had no idea. Kudos to the guy for trying to quit though.

3 comments:

josh adams said...

I think to be more accurate, he supposedly quit when he launched the bid for presidency. I think he's fudged a bit, but supposedly he doesn't. Before that i hear he was a chain smoker.

Anonymous said...

Yes, we finally found time for "Mario Kart Wii" if that's what you want to call it. ;)

Stephanie said...

Who wrote that!?!